Important Transportation Information
All of us at Walk the Walk America are very excited to bring the MoonWalk to New York City this year! With many of you coming from different parts of New York (and the world!), we have arranged for multiple travel options on the big night.
Listed below are details regarding all of the options available to and from Randall’s Island:
To Randall’s Island:Bus
- The M35 bus runs to the Island from the southwest corner of 125th Street and Lexington Avenue. The bus can drop you off at the entrance of MoonWalk City, located right outside Icahn Stadium.
Please Note: You must have the exact fare of $2.50 or a Metrocard in order to ride the M35
- The Uptown 4, 5, 6 trains are available to take you to 125th Street. From here, you will need to walk to the southwest corner of 125th Street and Lexington Avenue to catch the M35 bus to Randall’s Island (see bus instructions above)
- We are offering complimentary shuttle service for Walkers from Manhattan to Randall’s Island. These shuttles will depart from 2 different locations in Manhattan between 7:30pm – 8:30pm: Grand Central Station (42nd Street between Lexington and Park Avenue) and 125th Street and Lexington Avenue. Each shuttle will depart when the bus is full.
Walking / Biking
- You can reach the Island by crossing the RFK Bridge from Manhattan / 125th Street (about 15 minutes walking), RFK Bridge from Queens (about 30 minutes walking), or the RFK bridge from the Bronx (about 15 minutes walking). The event is located right next to Icahn Stadium, so make sure to follow signs for Icahn Stadium or MoonWalk NYC
- You can also walk across the footbridge from East 103rd Street in Manhattan onto Randall’s Island. It takes about 20-25 minutes to walk from the Manhattan side of the footbridge to the event entrance. If you plan on biking to the event, we advise you to come via the 103rd Street footbridge. We will have bike parking available.
- There will be freee parking available on Randall’s Island for participants. For more information about getting onto the Island, please visit the Randall’s Island website at: http://randallsisland.org/maps-directions
Important Post-Walk Travel Information
- We will have shuttles departing from Randall’s Island back to Manhattan approximately every 30 minutes, starting at 2:00am. These buses will drop Walkers off at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue before returning back to the Island.
Please Note: The public bus service to and from Randall’s Island (M35) will not be running between the hours of 10:30pm – 5:00am.